Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What Tastes Good and Not so Good

Molly has been eating table food for quite a few months now. She knows what she likes and is certain about what she doesn’t like. There are even a few things that she tolerates, depending on her mood, of course. It is to early to tell if Molly will grow up to be a food critic, but I do know that at 17 months, she already has a rating scale for food.

Yumm, Yumm = this is great and yes, I will have some more please

Nutri-Grain bars (blueberry, strawberry and apple)
Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal without milk
chicken fingers
peaches
tacos
hot dogs
mac ‘n cheese
Fish crackers
spaghetti with sauce

Yumm = this is good, I will finish what is on my plate

chicken and rice
tacos
black beans
strawberries
Fiber One brownies (got to get fiber in)
Cheez-Its
yogurt
pizza

Spitting it out = this is not so good, please don’t serve this again until I am an adult

bananas
Cheerios
pears
ham
saltines
pulled pork

Feeding it to Tobi (our dog) = you shouldn’t have bothered to put this on my plate, I am not even going to try it

cheese sticks
pickles

True confession of the night: There are a few foods I would like to feed to Tobi too.

No comments:

Post a Comment